Thursday, April 18, 2013

Violin Teaching - Suzuki or Traditional Method?

Every music teacher has probably been asked what they think of the Suzuki Method versus the traditional method of teaching music. I wrote a paper in 2003 about the Suzuki Method and how my research affirmed my thoughts about the Suzuki Method and the traditional method. Since I grew up learning the violin through the Suzuki method and have been a violin teacher for over 15 years, I have seen what methods work and which do not. I know both methods and consider my teaching method to be traditional. To read the paper I wrote on these two methods, click on the link below to go to my website and view the PDF there. I've included the bibliography, so that you can read those books and articles if you'd like more information. I hope you find this helpful in discovering which method you'd like to learn the violin or as a teacher, what method you'd like to teach. If you have any further questions, leave them below. Thanks!

http://www.musical-strings.com/violin-blog.html



No comments:

Post a Comment